Sartorial, edgy and discerning in her tastes, Neha Sheth wears many hats with elan, literally.
Trained to be a left-brained analytical engineer at Stanford, Neha has not only been heading her IT company – Musikaar with her sharp business acumen but also has fluidly travelled through the finer aspects of life with her creative pursuits. A legit purveyor of fashion and style and Founder & CEO of Ciceroni, she leaves no stone unturned to unveil latest discoveries on the platform. With 25 years of experience in IT industry across Silicon valley and having worked with various start-ups in the sector, Neha comes across as a visual aberration among the stereotypical IT professionals.
Elegant and poised at one moment, edgy and bohemian in another, her fashion choices refuse to be bracketed, much like her. Each collectible in her wardrobe narrates tiny tales of different cultures, traditions and craftsmanship. A fitness enthusiast and an art lover, Neha is an inspiration to the millennials with her fashion, fitness and business goals.
During a candid interview with Ciceroni, Neha spilled the beans on her eclectic choices, celebrity favourites, life motto and more!
- Three words to define your personal style
Experimental, Quirky, Interesting
- Your favourite fashion icon
I do not have any one person but I like Sonam Kapoor, Malaika Arora and Amal Clooney for their dressing sensibilities.
- One fashion trend you are digging in 2020
Crop tops with all sorts of bottoms
- One fashion trend that makes you cringe
- If you had just one garment to wear for the rest of your life, what would that be?
I hope that is never the case! But shorts and a t-shirt would be the one if it is not cold!
- Understated elegance or maximalist drama
- One celeb, you would want to swap your wardrobe with
- Three make-up products you just can’t do without
Just one, Eyeliner! If I have to pick one more, it’s a Lipstick!
- How old were you when you first applied lipstick?
- Bold lips or subtle nude
- One Nani ka Nuskha that you swear by
Intake of turmeric and honey, gargle with hot water and salt, inhale steam to quickly recover from a cold
- Night ritual for skincare
- Easy solution for bad hair day
I tie my hair into a bun, sometimes put a thick headband
- Vacation on your mind (Upcoming place)
- What’s on your reading desk?
Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Music for your soul
North Indian classical music. My favourite artists are Pt. Vishwamohan Bhatt, Pt. Ajay Chakraborty, Pt. Rashid Khan and Kaushiki Chakraborty
- Movie and Series recommendation
Movies: Vicky Cristina Barcelona & Knives out, Series: This is Us, Breaking Bad, Narcos
- Daily fitness routine in 3 words
Weight Training and Cardio
- Your current food craving
- Quote that you live by
“The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.”
“Style Speak” is a weekly series of interviews exploring the fashion, style, beauty, fitness and cultural identities of different personalities thereby shaping the discourse beyond the flippant surface of mere trends.