It’s hard to find men who take interest in dressing well, even harder who experiment and hardest when you look for them in Gujarat. Hardik Gandhi, Style Consultant and Founder, I am Mr., however is an anomaly. His style quotient challenges the very nature of masculinity in men’s dressing. His styling career encapsulates brand shoots, celebrity styling with Malhar Thakar, Amit Mistry, Sumeet Vyas and Gulshan Devaiah besides dressing up CEO’s and corporate honchos.
Versatile in his fashion choices, Hardik has his own take on culture and fashion around him. It surely isn’t trend driven. Whether it is funky and quirky street style or classic and monochrome formals, he wears all of it with confidence.
Ciceroni for its “Style Speak” series got Hardik talking on his favourite fashion icons, trends, life goals and more!
Read though as the man narrates his style file in words!
- Three words to define your personal style
Quality. Fit. Versatile
- Your favourite Fashion Icon
- One fashion trend you are digging in 2020
Urban – Streetstyle
- One fashion trend that makes you cringe
Wearing a woollen suit jacket on denim. It irks me a lot especially when men close both the buttons of the jacket.
- If you had just one garment to wear for the rest of your life, what would that be?
- Understated elegance or experimental drama
Experimental drama that shows elegance. A play of colours and vibrance through accessories is always a drama worth watching.
- Classic solids or Indian prints
Classic solids for formal wear and Indian prints for street style.
- One celeb, you would want to swap your wardrobe with
Olivier Rousteing, Fashion Director at Balmain. His style is versatile yet classy.
- Skin-care routine, if any
All I use is a face wash by Garnier. I have sensitive skin, so anything I apply may leads to zits.
- Gadget that you are digging in 2020
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is one thing I look forward to for my bespoke suit- tailoring business wherein one can measure their body measurements via mobile camera.
- What’s on your reading desk?
Tribes by Seth Godin
- Music for your soul
Jazz. Though I love all kinds of music.
- Movie and series recommendation
Series: Dark and Peaky Blinders
- Your current food craving
Pani Puri for sure!
- Quote that you live by
“Confidence without Ego”