The future truly belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Pooja Desai, Mrs. India (Pride of Nation 2019) is one such dreamer from Baroda who shattered the glass ceiling and aimed for the sky.
While Pooja is a jewellery designer by profession, her interests and hobbies are quite transcendent. A sports enthusiast and a go-getter in life, Pooja is also one of the founder members of The White Page, a reputed charitable organization. She is incredibly experimental when it comes to her personal style. The mom blogger and mother of 2 is extremely fashion forward and doesn’t shy away from embracing new trends.
In tete-a-tete with Ciceroni, Pooja talks about all things style and fashion.
1. Three words to define your personal style –
Edgy, elegant and comfortable.
2. Your favorite fashion icon-
Queen Raina of Jordan
3. One fashion trend you are digging in 2019-
4. One fashion trend that makes you cringe –
Shorts that show your butt
5. If you had just one garment to wear for the rest of your life, what would that be?
My denim culottes
6. Understated elegance or maximalist drama –
7. One celeb, you would want to swap your wardrobe with –
8. Three make-up products you just can’t do without –
Prep+prime, concealer and lip gloss
9. How old were you when you first applied lipstick ?
10. Bold lips or subtle nude –
11. One nani ka nuskha that you swear by –
Coconut oil mask for face and lips at night
12. Night ritual for skincare-
CTM regime (Cleansing, toning and moisturizing)
13. Easy solution for bad hair day –
There is nothing better than a curly messy topknot
14. Vacation on your mind ( Upcoming place )
15. What’s on your reading desk ?
The Courage to be Disliked
16. Music for your soul –
17. Movie and Series recommendation –
In pursuit of Happiness
18. Daily fitness routine in 3 words –
Sweat, discipline and consistency
19. Your current food craving –
Juicy winter fruits
20. Quote that you live by –
Trust the next chapter, because I’m the author!
“Style Speak” is a weekly series of interviews exploring the fashion, style, beauty, fitness and cultural identities of different personalities thereby shaping the discourse beyond the flippant surface of mere trends. “